Monday, June 4, 2012


Wowee Wowee Wow Wow Wow!  What a year this has been.  I look back on my first blog post and see what crazy expectations I had for my first year as a stay at home mom.  Ha!  If only this year's self could have a sit-down with last year's self to give her a little glimpse of what reality would be like… At some point, I will go back and do the posts that I had wanted to do:  my pregnancies and the births of my children, documentation of their milestones and differences before they leave my mind completely, and some glimpses back into what this year has been like.  

I feel like life has slowed down considerably now that Michael is a pro at handling school on the doctorate level and now that the babies eat/sleep/and play together.  I started Emeals last week which has been such a great tool in helping me cook for our family.  I have cooked every night for a week, which is more than I have cooked in my entire life.  Emeals makes the process so easy.  The meals so far have been healthy, cheap, easy, and delicious.  I highly recommend this service.  It is worth well over $5 a month (and I found a Groupon for half off) for the time and money it will help you save as you plan your meals.  I will also put in a shameless plug for any of you out there who might be interested in starting this service:  If you put my name (McKenna Pruitt) as the person who referred you, Emeals will credit some of the subscription fee back to me!  No pressure though.  You should look into it either way.  :-)

I have even been able to read a book over the past week (The Vow.  LOVED it), and I figured blogging could soon be added back into my regular schedule.  Although I am very new to the blogging scene, I have decided to throw myself in full-throttle and link up with Sarah Mae as she leads her readers in a month of cleaning challenges in preparation for her new book.  I have been a fan of the ebook 31 Days to Clean:  Having a Martha House the Mary Way for awhile now, and I am so excited to see the book in hard copy form!  I can't wait to see what new challenges and other revisions she brings to the book. in preparation for its publication.  My main blog focus over the next 31 days will be the process of cleaning and organizing our apartment as I try to make it even more into a home.  The 31 days should be ending right around the time of my birthday, our wedding anniversary, and my daughter's second birthday.  What great reasons to have the house in shape!  Wish me luck (I have basically no clue what the linking-up process involves), and check back to see how I am dealing with the challenges!  

No comments:

Post a Comment