Yep. That's right. It was only a matter of time. I have entered the noisy and cloyed world of blogging. I told myself that there was no point. That people would just be annoyed by yet another voice blathering into cyberspace. And yet...here we are.
For those of you who think I am just jumping on the bandwagon, and for myself when I wonder in the future why I started this, here are the reasons why I am starting a blog:
1) To give family (and dedicated friends) a window into our lives this year
2) To make up for the incredible lack of documentation of Hunter's first year while I was teaching
3) To help me remember all of my triumphs (and failures) during my first year as a stay-at-home-mom
4) To help me stay connected with the outside world
5) To serve as a therapeutic outlet (which I am sure to need in the months to come)
6) To keep me in the writing world (which I will no longer be spoonfed as an English teacher)
For those of you who are wondering if it is worth reading, here is what will more than likely be featured in the upcoming posts:
1) Lots of updates on our sweet Hunter-girl (and in a couple of months, on Thatcher as well)
2) Posts about the cooking/cleaning/crafts I am able to do now that I'm at home
3) Anecdotes of small-town, southern living
4) Reminiscences of my own childhood memories as I try to create the same for my children
5) Other happenings relating to my faith and my family
You are welcome aboard for the journey!