Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 6

What are my reasons for cleaning and wanting to keep a straight house?

1.  So I can find stuff!  It is amazing how much more smoothly life runs when you aren't having to search for something to wear or eat on.  :-)  Organization and cleanliness brings peace of mind.

2.  It is a service to my husband.  After a stressful day of school, he deserves to come home to a haven where he can relax and recharge.

3.  It will teach my children how to be good managers of their homes someday. (Plus, Hunter loves to clean and it gives her an activity she can do with me).

4.  It saves money.  When I know what is in my fridge and pantry, we tend to waste less due to expiration.  When the kitchen is clean and organized, I am inspired to cook more, which also saves money.

5.  Having a clean house always inspires me to be more hospitable.  I love being able to have people drop by, and it makes me feel like a worthy hostess when I have a sparkling home into which to invite them.

Having only two bedrooms, I completed all of the bedroom tasks last week.  I have decided to go ahead and finish up day to day tasks and get the overflow out of the house.  My challenges for this week:

1.  Load the car with the boxes for Goodwill and storage.
2.  Drop off boxes at Goodwill and storage.
3.  Get all dishes washed and trash taken out.
4.  All laundry washed, folded, and put away.
5.  Mail and important documents filed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment