Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 2 of the Reboot Challenge Link Up




You can check out Sarah Mae's blog here if you would like to see more about the 31 Days to Clean Reboot Challenge.

I ran out of steam on Day 1, and thus did not blog about my efforts.  I am happy to say, however, that I did not run out of steam until well after the challenges had been completed!

With my crockpot meal already in the works and the babies contained in their high chairs, I managed to clean up the kitchen a little bit and switch over the laundry so the babies could "help" me fold after breakfast.  



Right off the bat, with Sarah Mae's encouragement to look at what distracts us from being productive, I made the tongue-in-cheek observation (to myself, of course) that I have two of the cutest distractions in the world.  More than distractions, I would say.  At 9 months and 23 months old this week (where has the time gone!) I would say they are my Entropy:  the law which leads our house towards disorder and chaos.  




I had to face the music, though, when they both took a 2 hour nap at the same time.  No more excuses.  Was I going to let myself get lost in social media or the Food Network?  No.  I was going to be productive!




I was quickly so engrossed in the process that I forgot to turn on the music I had brought to listen to.  I made such great progress on our bedroom closet that I proceeded to clean out the dresser drawers.  I had no idea that this would be the Martha Challenge of Day 2.  Having a head start on it for today was great, and after culling out the items that will go to storage or Goodwill, I was able to focus solely on organizing it.  Never in our almost 4 years of marriage has Michael's sock drawer been so neat! 

Today's Mary challenge also lead me to a verse that has resounded with me.  I think it truly speaks to the heart of homemaking and the 31 Days to Clean process.

Psalm 119:96 - Even Perfection has its limits, but your commands have no limit.

I think it is a wonderful reminder that even if I spend every ounce of energy and every waking moment doing nothing but cleaning the house, there will always be more to do.  I can't lose sight of what is most important: teaching these everlasting commands to my little Distractions and making sure they see in me an example of how to love and honor Him.  I am grateful for that reminder to take time to be Mary:  to sit and enjoy my sweet babies as I lead them in the Way of the Lord.  

I am energized and ready for Day 3!


1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this post and go you!! Sometimes, we need that simple reminder to sit back and listen! I'm ready for Day 3 also! :)

    ReplyDelete